People in the online world can be mean and how do we deal with social media trolls ?
There’s no getting around it!
In the course of running my online business, I’ve been mocked for my smile (too horsey / too fake / too many teeth ??????). I’ve been offered botox services for my wrinkles and sugar daddies (and sent photos of unprintable things! ??).
These are definitely the downsides to running an online business when you deal with social media trolls.
CHECK OUT SOME VIDEO TIPS AND TRICKS TO BE CONFIDENT ON VIDEO AND DEAL WITH SOCIAL MEDIA TROLLS:
Here are some ideas to make a video without showing your face
How can you manage the nasties and the jealousy that is sadly part of the territory in the online world?
Remember these 5 tips on how to deal with social media trolls:
1. Their fears and insecurities are not your issue. You just focus on being YOU.
You focus on building yourself up, and your own “stuff”. It’s easy to go down the rabbit warren of self-doubt. But actually, the things they say says more about the person.
Than it does about the person they’ve said mean things about.
2. Don’t take it too seriously. It can be hard when you’re feeling hormonal, or certain words just take you back to the playground and trigger you.
But actually, the mean words are more about the spammer than about you. It’s them who are being triggered by your success, and they are the ones with mindset issues to solve. You just have to focus on being you.
3. Act quickly. If something in your gut doesn’t feel right, then delete it or hide it. Someone wouldn’t say that to you in person, so why should you leave that on your Instagram post or Facebook comment? Deal with it and move on.
4. As Michelle Obama says, “When they go low, we go high.” Remember to take the higher ground. They don’t know YOU, they don’t know what you are capable of, and what you can accomplish.
5. Allow yourself space to deal with it. Take time away from social media (whether that’s going for a walk) or just taking time without looking at your phone or social media.
5. Be mindful and spend time with people who uplift you and make you happy.