Shy about talking on camera?
Presenting and putting ourselves out there on camera can make even the most confident extrovert shy about talking on camera.
So how can you stand out, even when you’re petrified of talking on camera?
You know you “should” be talking on video, but somehow you keep putting it off…
I find it easier to write a blog post or some bullet points, and then do a Facebook live on the back of it.
CHECK OUT SOME VIDEO TIPS AND TRICKS to overcome being shy about talking on camera:
Here are some ideas to make a video without showing your face
Then I’ve written something down, and I’ve done some research. and I’m talking about something that I have some knowledge and experience of… otherwise I just bumble and talk about NOTHING!
There is nothing worse than filling dead space when you don’t know what you’re talking about. You will quickly feel like a failure, and swear To never repeat the Facebook live experience again.
SWOT up on what you’re going to say.
Take notes, make bullet points, plan and prepare. If you’re a coach or consultant then share about the book you’ve read or the learning you’ve made.
If you’re a café owner, then talk about what’s on the menu in the café, then have some food prepared to show people.
And if you’re going to talk about your baby clothing business, then show us your latest design.
Remember the old adage that it’s not what you say, it’s how you say it…
Only 7 percent of communication is about the words you say, and the other 93 percent
is all about your body language, and your tone of voice.
On Facebook this is amplified because most people are watching on mute.
There very few people actually listen to what you say.
They are just using their non-verbal body language to assess your confidence levels, and look at how you look.
Understanding your ideal client and your market is crucial to create the right impression.
If you’re a gardener, then show us your beautiful creations. Whatever the season, people will love to be part of the process – the digging, the planting and of course the flowers.
If you’re a product based business, then the product is the star… Tell stories about your cakes, your handbags or your latest creation.
When you are targeting people you’ve never met with advertising, or talking to people on Facebook live you don’t really know. Then, you want to create an impression that stands out and commands respect.
You want to appear professional, and engaging and not look shy about talking on camera.
First impressions do count, so start off representing your brand values, even if you soon revert to your usual yoga pants uniform once they know you a little more.
But remember that in a world of super polished “reality” stars, there’s an opportunity for you to be very real and approachable. Work out who your tribe is, and talk to them in a way that works for you and not shy about talking on camera.
If you’d like some more tips for creating videos, then download my Video Kit List.
*Feel more confident getting visible and posting on video and social media, grab my
Get my CONFIDENT ON CAMERA COURSE for JUST $9!!!